What are micro expressions ?
Micro expressions are facial expressions that occur within a fraction of a second. This involuntary emotional leakage exposes a person’s true emotions.
Why are micro expressions important?
- Micro expressions occur in everyone, often without their knowledge.
- There is no way to prevent them from occurring.
- Learning to detect this leakage is critical for emotional intelligence and deception detection.
Benefits of Micro Expressions Training
Increase Emotional Awareness
- Unlike verbal communication or gestures, facial expressions are a universal system of signals which reflect the moment-to-moment fluctuations in a person’s emotional state.
- The face offers us the best window into the emotional lives of others. Regardless of culture, language, or personal background, we all share this common form of nonverbal communication.
- With our training tools, you can become more skilled at noticing when emotion is just beginning, when emotion is being concealed, and when a person is unaware of what they are actually feeling.
- When someone tries to conceal his or her emotions, leakage of that emotion will often be evident in that person’s face.
- The leakage may be limited to one region of the face (a mini or subtle expression), or may be a quick expression flashed across the whole face – known as a microexpression.
- At 1/25th of a second, micro expressions can be difficult to recognize and detect these important clues. Yet with training you can learn to spot them as they occur in real-time.
Dr. Paul Ekman, the world’s expert in emotions and deception detection, created online micro expressions training tools to help people read and respond to micro expressions.
Pauk Ekman Group – MicroExpressions Training
All Face Advanced training
- Micro Expressions Training Tool
- Subtle Expressions Training Tool
- Micro Expressions Profile Training Tool
- Micro Expressions Intensive Training Tool
Responding Effectively: Workplace
Communicate with empathy when engaged in a conflict at work. Dr Ekman coaches you through the best practices to achieve an appropriate resolution.
Responding Effectively: Family
Learn to navigate stressful situations at home. Dr. Ekman provides feedback on how to acknowledge the feelings of family members.
Responding Effectively: Law Enforcement
For the benefit of officers and citizens alike. Dr. Ekman gives his insight on interrogation techniques.
Sales Page: _https://www.paulekman.com/micro-expressions-training-tools/#ekman-library-details
GBG: Delivery in 12-24hs